Wednesday, April 26, 2023

FAMILY DAYOUT



       OUR FAMILY DAY started at around one o'clock but we arrived earlier than expected. I was joined by my mother this year, before it was usually my father or grandmother but this year was different, because finally my mother came home for a break to spend time with her family here. This family day was special and exciting for all of us since it wasn't online and we'd get to be around our loved ones like family, friends, teachers and others. 

In the grade seven classroom we were helping those who haven't finished their props for our dance (palabas) since we were gonna be presenting it later in the day and needed to get the props done now or never. Many people also helped out working on other props of theirs to prepare and look presentable.



        

        We all panicked a bit since we assumed that it was time to present our dance yet we were wrong as the teachers have announced the game for students and parents to participate in the activity that the teachers have planned for us. There were no pictures taken, only videos that haven't been sent or posted, but my experience in the game was very fun and the adrenaline feeling competing and playing the game was very enjoyable for both my mom and I. Overall we won and had fun altogether, so happy smiles were seen in our faces after the game.  

A couple more minutes passed by and it was now time for our dance (palabas), we all told everyone to prepare their wings to be worn so that we could be ready whenever the time comes for us to dance even though we were actually going to perform the dance last but you know what they say “save the best for the last”, and we were! kidding, all the other teams dances were really good and we could tell the audience also loved it as well! Many applauses from the audience erupted every dance. 

When it was our turn to finally shine and sway our wings to the music, we were nervous yet ready to dance this night! to be honest I didn’t expect for us to be all according or synchronized but upon seeing videos we all did great and it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. Everyone had also spoken their opinions like Nathan saying how our dance was nice and that we would win followed by many compliments from others as well but we thought otherwise thinking that other teams have better dances than ours. We had many ups and downs throughout the whole practice in learning our dances so that is why I had my doubts in our chance on winning the dance yet I shouldn’t have underestimated the skills and talent of my fellow teammates because they all did their best in dancing.




      After the exhausting yet fun & outstanding performances we all finally decided to eat the delicious food and spend time with our families for a little while to talk and eat. My mother and I sadly didn’t take any photos because we were in those moments where we forget to take pictures and just be in the moment with your loved one here by your side, nothing else matters and you just want to enjoy the moment together. My friends on the other hand also spent time with me but they desperately wanted to take pictures as well to cherish the memories of this family day like no other. 





My friends, we have ups and downs but in the end we all become friends once more after we solve our problems and issues in our lives, we stick together, we support, love, care and learn from one another. Friends are like family who can understand you in a different point of view that no parents can understand, they accept your flaws and imperfections and shower you with all the love they can give - my friends are the ones who have been there in my darkest times of my life, they have been there to comfort me and when I have troubles I also seek to them and that goes the same for them as well, even if they say friends don’t last at least I made friends this year that made me all warm and safe , just like home. 

The winner for our dance (palabas) was us! Blue team! We were all very happy that we won the dance because we just didn’t expect this wonderful turn of events to happen with all of the other teams dancing cool and beautiful performance, we really thought we didn’t have a chance but the judges say otherwise and thought our dance was amazing so we were all happy that our hard work of dancing payed off - Although we didn’t won overall in all of the competitions we were all still happy and contented with ourselves because we were surrounded by friends and family, the most important beings in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

EXPLORE THE WONDERS OF SCIENCE

a science fair blog photos taken by :  Theian Barangan Science, behind this word holds a deeper meaning, holds wide range of other different...